Richard St. John has some excellent insights into why people succeed. And, they can be absorbed in less than 3-minutes.
Is it because they’re smart? Or are they just lucky? Neither. People who succeed do the big 8 things that lead to success:
- Passion – If you do it for love, the money comes anyway.
- Work – It’s all hard work, but it is fun if you are passionate about it.
- Good – Get good at what you do. Practice, practice, practice.
- Focus – Focus on one thing. Don’t be scattered.
- Push – Mentally and physically. Through being shy and self-doubt.
- Serve – Serve others something of value.
- Ideas – There is no magic to coming up with ideas. How do you come up with ideas?
- Be curious
- Ask questions
- Focus on problem solving
- Make connections
8. Persist – Through failure and “CRAP” (Criticism, Rejection, Assholes and Pressure) 😊
Success is about many things, but regardless of your goals (money, influencing others, being happy, educational achievement…), you cannot achieve success without a road map. My recommendation is that you take the image below (or create your own one), print it out, and tape it to your wall. I have, and it keep reminding me of the things I need to do every day to succeed. ~ Paul Siegel
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you have not registered for TechBytes, sign up here!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~