Entering the world of pharmaceuticals can seem like going into a black hole. From the nuances of drug discovery to the complexity of governmental regulations, understanding how pharmaceutical companies operate seems almost incomprehensible. However, by exploring some of the foundational building blocks of the industry you can begin to see what it takes for a drug to go from an idea to being dispensed at your local pharmacy.
During this 50-minute course, we will go on a deep dive into four key building blocks of the pharmaceutical industry:
- Introduction to the Industry
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Development
- Medical Affairs
This invaluable resource provides a rich overview of these critical components of the industry and describes who some of the main players are and what they do. This course also sets the context and prepares you for further exploration into this fascinating industry.
- Describe the industry’s size and scope
- Articulate the industry’s contribution to global health
- Describe the regulatory environment governing the industry
- Understand the mission of discovery in the industry
- Describe the “anatomy” of a clinical trial
- Understand the Medical Affairs function’s many responsibilities
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in pharma industry.