DevOps (a clipped compound of “development” and “operations”) is a software development and delivery process that emphasizes communication and collaboration between product management, software development, and operations professionals. It supports this by automating and monitoring the process of software integration, testing, deployment, and infrastructure changes by establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
Many organizations are failing software projects; their failures are often related to challenges in software development and delivery methodology(ies). This requires the use of a different innovative more effective approach, DevOps.
- The DevOps approach is supported by Agile Scrum and lean practices amongst others, whereby an adaptive, incremental approach is used to deliver continuous business value, expediently.
- Besides the “Technical” side of DevOps, it is meant to bridge the GAP between Development and Operations Teams and establish efficiencies and remove bottlenecks and obstacles between the two groups, whether cultural or technical.
- DevOps is not about culture change, only! It is a business transformation as well.
- Understand the need to do DevOps.
- Understand the DevOps foundations, principles, and practices.
- What changes to start making when first starting out with DevOps.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone wanting to understand the case for and potential of DevOps
- Anyone looking to understand their role and practices in a DevOps environment