This Python course prepares teaches the fundamentals of Python. It shows how to interact with Python, the common data structures, looping, classes, exceptions, file handling, environments and more. This course contains 18 hours of materials, taught by Matt Harrison, a Python expert and author.
Following this course students will be able to leverage their skills with Python to build web backends, create GUI applications, do machine learning, and control cloud environments.
Most developers don’t know what they don’t know. Fill in the knowledge gaps and understand how Python works under the covers. You might have programmed in Python before, but you will come out of this class grokking the syntax, and what the syntax abstracts underneath. We will show how to install Python, use the REPL, and understand errors that might pop up.
This class has unique self-correcting labs to ensure that students are mastering the subject.
This is Module#5
- Getting Started with Python – Installation, REPL, and Variables
- Python Objects, Math, and Text (Unicode)
- Python Conditionals, Sequences, Iteration, and Dictionaries
- Python Functions, Slicing, and Files
- Python Libraries, Environments, and Wrapup
- Understand the object model of Python
- Leverage the REPL
- Master math with Python
- Understand Unicode and string manipulation
- Use conditionals and loops
- Master the basic data structures like lists and dictionaries
- Create functions to enable code reuse
- Learn how to slice sequences
- Understand how to create and leverage classes
- Learn about exceptions and exception handling
- Create environments and load libraries
- Basic computer knowledge is assumed
- Prior programming experience is nice but not required
Who Should Attend
- New Python developers looking to quickly develop and keen understanding of the power of Python
- Early stage users of Python who need to master how Python really works
- Individuals who are familiar with data science and need to understand Python