To effectively secure the networks of today requires establishment of the hacker mindset. That is, you have to attack your own network to learn how to defend it. A penetration test, colloquially known as a pen test, pentest or ethical hacking, is an authorized simulated cyberattack on a computer system, performed to evaluate the security of the system. Learn to pentest and you will learn what cybersecurity is all about.
In this course you will learn how to build and hone the skills to create that mindset of someone who has the sole purpose of attacking a system and/or network. Following the initial skill development, you will learn the process and methodology of professional penetration testing.
You will learn the techniques to penetrate devices, servers and clients. Each day you will be presented a scope of work and have a number of targets to engage and attempt to “own.” The targets will be progressive in nature with the size of the attack surface being reduced as your skillsets increase.
By the time you leave the course you will have performed a number of simulated professional penetration testing engagements as well as drafted a preliminary report of findings. The processes and techniques you will be exposed to have been used to train a number of global penetration testing teams. The system is proven and effective and can be put into place at once.
In this hands-on intense course, you will
- Learn the motives and mindset of an attacker
- Carry out the penetration testing methodology like a professional
- Explore methods to attack devices and servers
- Investigate the process of attacking the client side of the network
- Explore penetration testing
- Experience the process of identifying weaknesses and then attacking them
- Learn techniques to penetrate perimeter devices
- Explore the challenge of defeating enterprise defenses
- Practice a multitude of evasion tactics
- Perform penetration testing by using client side tactics
- Compete against a live progressive target range
- Enhance your professional security testing skills
- Develop a roadmap to becoming a professional penetration tester
- Perform the hacking process and methodology against a wide range of targets
- Use open source intelligence to gather information from the Internet
- Identify weaknesses of systems and networks
- Determine the vector to attack a system or network
- Assess a web application for weak input validation
- Deploy tactics to evade detection from IDS/IPS
- Conduct analysis of data and prepare preliminary findings from a penetration test
- Completion of training in the foundations of cybersecurity
- Familiarity with IT principles and practices
- Awareness that IT security has become a key issue in computing today
Who Should Attend
- Security professionals
- Others involved in maintaining IT security protocols within an organization