Create stunning interactive reports and share amazing insights! Power BI gives Excel users the power to extract data from multiple sources, link it together, perform calculations and create powerful visualisations.
Power BI is an AMAZING cloud-based business analytics service provided by Microsoft that allows users to transform data into rich, interactive visual reports that present a 360-degree business view and improve business decision making.
Power BI Desktop is a development platform from Microsoft that allows users to connect to a huge range of data sources, clean and transform messy data, create relationships between data sets, perform calculations and prepare stunning interactive reports.
Power BI.com allows users to publish their interactive reports and share certain features of those reports with others. Reports published to PowerBI.com can be set to refresh automatically and can be interacted with online using any browser or mobile device.
This is module#1
- Module 1: Introduction to the Power BI Environment
- Module 2: Preparing Dashboard Data
- Module 3: Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Module 4: Power BI Finishing Touches
- Module 5: Power BI Advanced Data Modelling Example
- Import data into Power BI Desktop from a wide variety of data sources
- How to join different data sets together, even if they come from different files, databases or other sources
- Clean and transform your data so it’s ready for use with Power BI
- Delve into “Get Data” and an introduction to understanding “M” code (Power Query language)
- Turn short, wide data tables into long, tall tables and why this is so useful for Power BI
- Join multiple data tables together and understanding relationships
- Create efficient data models: merging, appending and structuring your datasets to create the optimal structure
- Apply your Power Query skills to Excel and when to choose one over the other
- Use different techniques for creating and utilising a Calendar table that you can use to slice and summarise your reports
- Create queries that automatically report errors and missing codes
- Automatically combine all the Excel, CSV or Text files in a folder into one table and see how you could apply this
- Apply the principles of filter context, how critical this is for DAX formulas, and how to modify this in calculations to produce the results you need
- Use DAX formulas work and how they’re different from Excel (even though they look similar!)
- Determine when to use a calculated column in a table and when to write a measure
- Create stunning interactive reports and share amazing insights! Power BI gives Excel users the power to extract data from multiple sources, link it together, perform calculations and create powerful visualisations.
- This is an introductory course and although it does not assume any prior experience with Power BI, participants will gain much more from the course if they have at least used Power BI a little prior to attending. Participants who have taught themselves Power BI will also benefit from attending as the course will fill-in a number of gaps in their knowledge and will also extend what they know.
- A general understanding of databases, Excel formulas, and Excel Pivot Tables is useful though not essential.
Who Should Attend
- Excel users & analysts that focus on extracting, re-organizing and analyzing data
- Anyone involved in creating visualizations & data modelling
- Anyone interested in saving huge amounts of time in automating the work involved in creating recurring reports and dashboards