This immersion offers you awareness of ITIL in practice. It is for those new to information technology service management, and to help guide you through IT service management throughout the “IT lifecycle.” Best practices techniques are covered.
ITIL® is the industry best practice for IT Service Management. It has been in place since the mid-80’s to provide guidance to IT organizations on how to manage IT services throughout their lifecycle to continually deliver value to clients.
With the release of ITIL® 4, the global service management best practice has evolved to incorporate all the best practices from previous versions, and has expanded on this body of knowledge by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation.
This latest version of ITIL® provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy. This revision also integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
This course also covers “What’s New in ITIL® 4” and helps you understand the changes introduced with this new update, why it is highly valuable to organizations to meet today’s challenges of increased velocity and agility to meet business demand, and how to plan your own professional certification path within the new version.
- The challenges of today’s current IT reality
- What is the ITIL® best practice
- The history of ITIL® and why this best practice needed to change
- How IT Service Management applies in our modern world
- Indicators of mature service organizations, from both IT and business perspectives
- How ITIL® 4 complements other popular IT best practices, such as Lean, DevOps and Agile
- The key elements of ITIL® 4, including:
- The Service Value System
- The Service Value Chain
- The 4 Dimensions of Service Management
- The Guiding Principles
- The Management Practices
- Main differences between ITIL® v3/2011 and ITIL® 4
- The new ITIL® 4 certifications and how best to transition to the new version
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in information technology frameworks for managing enterprise infrastructure