The right requirements and getting those requirements right are the most critical part of any project. This course explores the techniques and methods which expert business analysts use to produce high quality requirements and specifications that form the foundation of a successful development project. The challenge of getting high quality requirements is so daunting that project teams often move to writing code, which is relatively easy, before they know what the code should do, which is quite hard. Expert BAs have developed a set of processes, tools and methods that ensure they can manage the requirements process to produce effective requirements artifacts in a highly efficient manner. This course introduces students to these methods and techniques as they are actually used by world class BAs.
This is a 3-part program.
This is Module #3
- BA tasks: discovery, modeling, investigation and reporting
- Tools and techniques for modeling the business processes and logic
- Domain modeling and data description
- Workflows and information flow modeling
- Using narratives, user stories and use cases
- Moving from requirements to specifications
- Tools for testing, analyzing and evaluating requirements
At the end of this course, students will be able to describe:
- The role of the BA and their area of responsibilities.
- The deliverables that BAs need to produce.
- The requirements management process and the purpose of each process activity.
- Exactly what high quality requirements and specifications are.
- How to evaluate the quality of requirements and specifications.
- The various BA tools are and where they should be used.
- The elicitation process for getting requirements from stakeholders.
- The common problems with working with stakeholders and how BAs resolve them.
This course has no prerequisites and is appropriate for everyone
Who Should Attend
- New or experienced BAs
- Anyone needing an understanding the role and function of BAs