Introduction to Python Programming
Python has been around for decades, but it’s still one of the most versatile and popular programming languages out there. Whether you’re relatively new to programming or have been developing software for years, Python is an excellent language to add to your skill set. In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of programming in Python, and you’ll develop applications to demonstrate your grasp of the language.
- Although this is an introductory-level Python programming class, you should already have a working, user-level knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Mac, or Windows. While not required, basic skills with at least one other programming language will be helpful. We will collaborate with you to design the best solution to ensure your needs are met, whether we customize the material, or devise a different educational path to help your team best prepare for this training.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Create working Python scripts following best practices
- Use Python data types appropriately
- Read and write files with both text and binary data
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Use statements and control structures
- Create professional Python applications to an basic level
- Learn to work with functions such as modules and classes
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn to work with complex types and operators
- Work with advanced classes
- Use the Python database API
- Explore best practices for Python programming