ITIL Service Transition
- Duration: 24 hours
- Skill Level: All level
- Language: English
This ITIL Service Transition course immerses participants in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Transition phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Participants benefit from an optimal mix of learning methods that provides them with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Service Transition and learn to apply this knowledge in real life. Participants can complete eLearning modules in their own time to build the right level of knowledge before participating in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions where they can apply this knowledge in practice.
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL Service Transition stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT managers, Process owners, ITSM implementation teams, consultants, stakeholders or anyone else involved in the ITSM project
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Transition processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Transition processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Transition performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Transition
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Service Transition Processes - Part 1
- Service Transition Processes - Part 2
- Service Transition Processes - Part 3
- Homework (Review of the Day--s Materials)
- Managing People Through Service Transition
- Organizing for Service Transition
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing and Improving Service Transition
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
Current Streaming Courses
"The secret to getting ahead is getting started..." ~ Mark Twain