ITIL Service Design
- Duration: 24 hours
- Skill Level: All level
- Language: English
This ITIL Service Design Course immerses participants in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Design phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Design stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Participants benefit from an optimal mix of learning methods that provides them with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Service Design and learn to apply this knowledge in real life. Participants can complete eLearning modules in their own time to build the right level of knowledge before participating in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions to apply this knowledge in practice.
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL Service Design stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Design environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Design principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Design processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Design processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Design and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Design performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Design
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Design
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design Processes
- Service Design Technology Related Activities
- Organizing for Service Design
- Consideration of Technology
- Implementation and improvement of Service Design
Current Streaming Courses
"The secret to getting ahead is getting started..." ~ Mark Twain