This 1 day onsite course is intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master in conjunction with an Agile Release Train Quickstart. The 1 day format is determined by instructor capacity and attendee availability. This course is most typically delivered on the final day of an Agile Release Train launch. The class has a full day of material, often abbreviated to 6 hours at the end of the week. In the case of a 1 day time box, the instructor teaches the learning objectives that are most relevant to that particular context.
The SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master Orientation can also be delivered independently to Scrum Masters who wish to build their skills in an enterprise context.
- Existing Scrum Masters who operate as part of the Agile Release Train
- New Scrum Masters who attended SAFe for Teams
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Build high performance teams, and apply the concepts of forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Serve as a Scrum Master and support a high performance team.
- Apply the basic concepts of a Scrum Master, including the Scrum Master as a Servant Leader and how to coach a team.
- Form a team with insights on team structure, team purpose, and how Scrum ceremonies foster collaboration.
- Avoid roadblocks by learning the five dysfunctions of a team.