03 May 2019 || 11:00 am - 12:00 pm || Eastern Time (USA)
This webinar drops you right into the middle to understand the world of DevOps and how the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline is:
- Developed, and
In this webinar, you will learn how DevOps and SAFe the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline work in an enterprise, and how to make the best use of these tools.
DevOps (a clipped compound of “development” and “operations”) is a software development and delivery process that emphasizes communication and collaboration between product management, software development, and operations professionals. It supports this by automating and monitoring the process of software integration, testing, deployment, and infrastructure changes by establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
The Continuous Delivery Pipeline (or ‘pipeline’) represents the workflows, activities, and automation needed to shepherd a new piece of functionality all the way from ideation to an on-demand release of value to the end user.
The pipeline is the most significant element of the DevOps and Release on Demand Enterprise competency. Each Agile Release Train (or “ART”) builds and maintains (or shares) a pipeline with the assets and technologies needed to deliver solution value as independently as possible. The first three elements of the pipeline (CE, CI, and CD) work together to support delivery of small batches of new functionality, which are then released in accordance with market demand.
Many organizations are failing software projects; their failures are often related to challenges in software development and delivery methodology(ies). This requires the use of a different innovative more effective approach, DevOps.
- The DevOps approach is supported by Agile, Scrum, SAFe, and lean practices amongst others, whereby an adaptive, incremental approach is used to deliver continuous business value, expediently.
- Besides the “Technical” side of DevOps, it is meant to bridge the GAP between Development and Operations Teams and establish efficiencies and remove bottlenecks and obstacles between the two groups, whether cultural or technical.
- DevOps is not about culture change, only! It is a business transformation as well.
Webinar Objectives (After this program, delegates will be able to…):
- Understand how SAFe is used to bridge the gap between agile and DevOps
- Understand the basics of Mapping Your Pipeline
- Understand how the Continuous Exploration cycle provides alignment
- Understand how Continuous Integration builds quality in
- Understand how Continuous Deployment reduces Time-to-Market
- Understand how Release on Demand Delivers Business Value
- First Steps in Assessing Your Current State & Taking Action
- How to become a certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner
This webinar is conducted by Jack Caine:
Jack Caine is an accredited instructor for the Scrum Alliance REP courses for Kanban Fundamentals, Agile & Scrum Fundamentals, and Design Thinking Fundamentals, an accredited instructor for the Scrum Alliance’s Scrum Foundations course, and an accredited SAFe Program Consultant Instructor for 7 of the SAFe courses (including Advanced Scrum Master and DevOps courses). Jack has trained over 2000 students and is also the author of 6 agile workbooks available on Amazon and Jack’s Agile Notebook (1300+ free Google Slides).
Bookings are closed for this event.