Date(s) - 19 Mar 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Eastern Time (USA)
Microservices are becoming the most common and popular means of developing software where developing large applications where services are grained into chunks as per business domain are essential. There are numerous benefits to a microservices-oriented approach, which delegates to this program will learn, including:
- Agility and speed through parallelized application development
- Flexibility and modularity in application scaling
- Ease and modularity of deployment with multiple platforms
- Reusability and resilience of code
- Greater resilience to architecture erosion.
- Flexibility in continuous refactoring of individual services
This webinar provides delegates with a quick but deep understanding of the entire suite of skills to ensure they can become vital leaders in a team developing microservices applications.
This program is conducted by some of the most knowledgeable and skilled leaders in the field of microservices, providing delegates immediate knowledge and skills their can use the moment they return to work.
This webinar will be led by Mark Richards, an experienced, hands-on software architect involved in the architecture, design, and implementation of microservices architectures, event-driven architectures, and distributed systems. He has been in the software industry since 1983 and carries a master’s degree in computer science.
Since 2013 Mark has devoted most of his career to helping companies overcome the pitfalls and challenges associated with Microservices and event-driven systems. Mark is the founder of DeveloperToArchitect.com a free website devoted to helping developers in the journey to software architect.
In addition to hands-on consulting, he is also a conference speaker and trainer. Mark is author of dozens of published articles and numerous published technical books and videos, including:
- Software Architecture Fundamentals Video Series (O’Reilly Media, 2017)
- Microservices Anti-Patterns and Pitfalls (O’Reilly Media, 2016)
- Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture (O’Reilly Media, 2015)
- Software Architecture Patterns (O’Reilly Media, 2015)
- Enterprise Messaging Video Series (O’Reilly Media, 2014)
- Java Messaging Service, 2nd Edition (O’Reilly Media, 2009)
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know (O’Reilly Media, 2009)
- Java Transaction Design Strategies (C4Media, 2006)