Date(s) - 07 Mar 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Eastern Time (USA)
You wouldn’t be the first person to wonder:
What the heck is the difference between “Agile” and “agile.” One has a capital “A” and the other not?
The simple answer is this:
- The upper case “A” Agile is an iterative approach detailed in the Agile Manifesto (initially described in 2001) to describe software development and project management with defined principles, values, methods, roles, processes and tools. Breaking down work, establishing self-organizing teams and seeking out rapid and “iterative” feedback, the expectation (and results) are that outcomes are improved.
- The lower case “a” agile is a trait of an individual, team or organization that lives and breathes the principles of agility in everything (or most of the things) he, she or it does: flexibility, soliciting feedback, speed to results, preparedness and much, much more. “Organizational agility” is part of the very cell-structure and DNA of the business. It is live and breathed, not just documented in a certification or budget.
The agile way of thinking is best known in the field of software development, but the principles are increasingly being applied in other types of projects. Scrum is a highly used agile methodology and is suitable for all professionals looking to keep their knowledge up to date with the latest developments in the fields of IT and project management,
This webinar cuts through the noise and helps you to understand agile, Agile, Scrum and other tools that will make you more effective as a professional, in your team and in your organization.
Webinar Objectives (After this program, delegates will be able to…):
- Understand the origins of Agile development and the values and principles that define it
- Appreciate the essential values, roles, meetings, and artifacts that define the Scrum framework
- Be aware of specific practices that support designing and delivering great products within the framework
- Help your product owner get the product backlog in shape
- Identify and remove obstacles
- Facilitate release planning events
- Facilitate Sprint meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Use Scrum artifacts and visibility tools for tracking and facilitating decision-making
- Use Scrum to help your team and organization improve
Join us and your subject matter expert Abbey Wiltse, in this concentrated, free webinar program.
Abbey is recognized as a world-class strategic IT best practice consultant who partners with her clients to enable efficient and effective service delivery within their IT organizations. Her global consulting and training engagements have been delivered across many diverse countries and industry verticals, including IT Service Providers, Telecom, Finance, Government, Manufacturing, Resources, Media, Oil and Gas, Utilities and Healthcare.
Abbey brings her multi-disciplined expertise to each engagement, leveraging multiple IT best practice techniques to deliver the results demanded in today’s digital business environments. Her focus is on the mentoring of key IT executive and process performers through the change aspects of their transformation journey. Abbey is also in demand as an experienced facilitator, lecturer and trainer.
Bookings are closed for this event.